Loon Lake NY is an Adirondack hamlet located in Warren County in the Southern Adirondacks region. Loon Lake, like Friends Lake, is a freshwater lake about 3 miles long. It is shaped like a wishbone, offering quiet bays for fishing and a great atmosphere for families!
Loon Lake was a bustling resort community in the 1800’s, boasting a 31-room hotel overlooking the lake known as The Loon Lake House. The resort was a popular destination getaway for wealthy families, dignitaries and cultural icons like Irving Berlin, Oscar Wilde, Sir Arthur Conan Doyle and others. Whether this is your vacation destination or your year-round home, living in Loon Lake offers a healthy lifestyle and plenty of recreational activities!
- Try hiking the Chester Challenge or check out the Dynamite Hill Recreation Area which offers skiing, sledding and snowboarding at no cost to area residents and out of town visitors.
- Many fine restaurants and shops in nearby Chestertown
- Spend an afternoon at Natural Stone Bridge and Caves. The Natural Stone Bridge, one of the oldest rock formations in the country is now known to be the largest marble cave entrance in the eastern U.S. and the cave systems are currently being surveyed by members of the National Speleological Society.
- Snowshoe trails are also available for winter use as well as snowshoe rentals where you can view frozen waterfalls, sinkholes, ledges, hidden valleys, ridge walks and views of Gore Mountain.
- Take a memorable horseback ride at Circle B Ranch
- Hit the links at Green Mansions Golf Club, 9-hole, par 36 course and pro shop
Loon Lake is a quiet family friendly location, offering swimming, boating and fishing. Loon Lake is also a year-round getaway, offering ice fishing and Adirondack snowmobile trails. Browse our Loon Lake property listings here.
Learn more about other Adirondack Lakes and our region here: